(Many of the following published articles are available for download at https://uq.academia.edu/RichardIveson)
- Being and Not Being: On Posthuman Temporality (London: Rowman & Littlefield International, 2016), forthcoming.
- Zoogenesis: Thinking Encounter With Animals (London: Pavement Books, 2014), 360pp. http://www.pavementbooks.com/zoogenesis
- ‘Posthuman Technology: Approaching and Encroaching Extremes.’ In Edinburgh Companion to Animal Studies (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2016), forthcoming.
- ‘Being Without Life: Fully-Populated, Worlds Beyond the Organic.’ In Philosophy After Nature eds Rosi Braidotti & Rick Dolphijn, forthcoming.
- ‘In the Belly of the Beast: On the Force-Feeding of Servitude in Plato’s Republic.’ Currently under review.
- ‘The Protagorean Presumption and the Posthuman: Ceci n’est pas un calmar.’ Journal of Cultural Research 18:4 (Fall 2014), 384-405.
- ‘Derrida e il desiderio di porre fine a ogni vita. La decostruzione, De Landa e la vivacità degli oggetti’.’ Trans. Alessandra Colla. Animot 1:1 (Summer 2014), 94-119.
- ‘Figuring Those Who Have Already Been Dead: Destructive Plasticity and the Form of Absence.’ Reviews in Cultural Theory 5:1 (Summer 2014), 46-58.
- ‘Deeply Ecological Deleuze and Guattari: Humanism’s Becoming-Animal.’ Humanimalia: a journal of human/animal interface studies 4:2 (Spring 2013), 20-40. http://www.depauw.edu/site/humanimalia/issue%2008/pdfs/iveson%20pdf.pdf
- ‘Swarms of Technology, Melodies of Life.’ Body and Society 19:1 (March 2013), 108-122. http://bod.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/19/1/108
- ‘Domestic Scenes and Species Trouble: On Judith Butler and Other Animals.’ Journal of Critical Animal Studies 10:4 (Winter 2012), 20-40.
Italian translation first appeared as ‘Scene domestiche e questione di specie – Judith Butler e gli altri animali.’ Liberazioni 20 (March 2015), 31-52.
Italian translation reprinted in Corpi che non contano: Judith Butler e Animali [Bodies That Don’t Matter: Judith Butler and Animals] eds Massimo Filippi & Marco Reggio (Milano: Mimesis Edizioni, 2015), 53-74.
Spanish translation forthcoming in Revista Latinoamericana de Estudios Críticos Animales (June 2016)
- ‘Animals in Looking-Glass World: Fables of Überhumanism and Posthumanism in Heidegger and Nietzsche.’ Humanimalia: a journal of human/animal interface studies 1:2 (Spring 2010), 46-85. http://www.depauw.edu/humanimalia/issue02/pdfs/Iveson.pdf
- ‘A Politics of Disease: The Fantastic Trope and the Dismembering of Reality.’ eSharp 11: Social Engagement, Empowerment and Change (Spring 2008), 1-27. http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_81278_en.pdf
- ‘Derrida and other animals. The boundaries of the human.’ On Judith Still’s Derrida and Other Animals: The Boundaries of the Human (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2015). Modern & Contemporary France (2016) DOI: 10.1080/09639489.2016.1162142.
- ‘Toward an Imaginary Animal Studies.’ On Boria Sax’s Imaginary Animals: The Monstrous, the Wondrous, and the Human (London: Reaktion Books, 2013). Humanimalia: a journal of human/animal interface studies 6:2 (Spring 2015), 166-177.
- ‘Pity on the Offensive.’ On Élisabeth de Fontenay’s Without Offending Humans: A Critique of Animal Rights (University of Minnesota Press, 2012). Reviews in Cultural Theory 5:1 (Summer 2014), 24-29.
- ‘Rewiring the Brain Or, Why Our Children Are Not Human.’ On Bernard Stiegler’s Taking Care of Youth and the Generations (Stanford University Press, 2010). Parallax 18:4 (Winter 2012), 121-125. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13534645.2012.715462
- ‘Animals Living Death: Closing the Book of Derrida.’ On Jacques Derrida’s The Beast and the Sovereign Volume II (University of Chicago Press, 2011). Parallax 18:2 (Summer 2012), 102-106. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13534645.2012.672251
- ‘Negotiating without relation: Of Jews and Animals.’ On Andrew Benjamin’s Of Jews and Animals (Edinburgh University Press, 2010). Parallax 17:3 (Fall 2011), 104-107. http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/tpar20/17/3
- ‘Celluloid: Animal Waste, Animal Remains.’ Zimring, Carl. A. (ed). Encyclopedia of Consumption and Waste. (London: Sage Publications, 2012), 107-108.
Invited Presentations and Selected Guest Lectures:
- ‘The Desire to End All Life: Ontology After Extremophiles.’ Queensland School of Continental Philosophy (QSCP): Public Lecture Series. Griffith University, Brisbane. 31 March 2016. Podcast available here: https://archive.org/details/qscp_QSCP
- ‘Architecture and the Posthuman: On Fluid Geographies.’ Guest Lecture, held jointly by The University of Queensland’s Sustainable Minerals Institute and School of Architecture, 30 July 2015.
- ‘Plato between the Teeth of the Beast: Animals and Democracy in Tomorrow’s Europe.’ Forum for European Philosophy (FEP): “European Provocations” Series of Public Lectures. London School of Economics, 11 February, 2014. Podcast available here: http://www.lse.ac.uk/newsAndMedia/videoAndAudio/channels/publicLecturesAndEvents/player.aspx?id=2247
- ‘On the importance of Heidegger’s anthropogenesis, and of moving beyond it.’ Unruly Creatures 2: Creative Revolutions at the Natural History Museum in London, 18 June, 2012, along with Anat Pick, Erica Fudge, Jonathon Burt, André Dias, Catherine Wheatley, Wendy Wheeler, and John Mullarkey. Podcast available here: http://backdoorbroadcasting.net/2012/06/unruly-creatures-2-creative-revolutions/
- ‘Between Queer Ontology and Political Indistinction.’ Queering Paradigms 7, 11-12 June 2016, Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
- ‘Technology: Approaching and Encroaching Extremes.’ Neolife: The Inaugural (Rest of the World) SLSA Conference 2015, in conjunction with SymbioticA. 1-3 October 2015, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia.
- ‘Being Supernormal: On Immediacy and Repetition’ (by invitation). The Australian Sociological Association, Sociology of Emotions and Affect Workshop 2015. 26 June 2015, School of Social Science, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
- ‘Spectral Leaps: Diagram, Discontinuity, and the Law of Anachrony.’ Australasian Society for Continental Philosophy (ASCP) Annual Conference, 4-6 December 2014, Australian Catholic University, Victoria, Australia.
- ‘Being Without Life: Fully-Populated, Worlds Beyond the Organic.’ Philosophy After Nature The Society of European Philosophy (SEP) and Forum for European Philosophy (FEP) Joint Annual Conference, 3-5 September 2014, Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
- ‘“Whether There is Life or Not”: Triangulating Matter with Derrida, Meillassoux, and DeLanda.’ Derrida Today, 28-31 May 2014, Fordham University, Lincoln Center, New York.
- ‘Cannibals and Apes: Revolution in the Republic.’ London Conference in Critical Thought, 29-30 June, 2012, Birkbeck College, University of London.
- ‘The Disciplinary Underbelly in the Margins of Control: Foucault in the Slaughterhouse and the Laboratory.’ Radical Foucault: An International Conference, 8-9 September 2011, The Centre For Cultural Studies Research, University of East London.
- ‘Making Sense Beyond Species: Iterability and the Wounds of Rancière.’ The 2nd Derrida Today International Conference, 19-21 July 2010, Goodenough College, Bloomsbury, London. Keynote speakers: Geoffrey Bennington, Peggy Kamuf, Nicholas Royle.
- ‘Nietzsche’s Posthumous Placeholder: Demanding Animals and the Technics of Posthumanism.’ Zoontotechnics (Animality/Technicity), 12-14 May, 2010, Cardiff University. Plenary Speakers: Bernard Stiegler, David Wills, Joanna Zylinska.